Red Star Belgrade vs CSKA Moscow
Europa League football returns on Tuesday and we have Red Star Belgrade vs CSKA Moscow in their first leg.
- Red Star Belgrade finished second in Group H behind Arsenal, ending with a record of two wins, three draws and one defeat. This season is their first group stage since season 2007/08, so the fans in Serbia will be very pleased with their team. The Serbian outfit were the lowest scoring teams in the Europa League this season with 3 goals. Tactical awareness of Vladan Milojevic played a vital role in this huge success for Red Star. In their last 7 home European matches they have scored 1.1 goals per game and conceded 1.3 goals per game. Red Star coach Vladan Milojevic says: “I don’t think there will be any calculations. The attack has always been the best way for defense; so if you start thinking differently, it can be wrong. I’m sure the players are thinking too.” So wrong, we all know Vladan will prepare the team in defence because he want to keep clean the board on CSKA side.
- Red Star injury status: One of their best, Kanga, has left to join Sparta Prague. Richmond Boakye is not fully fit, but all expect from him to play on this match.
- Red Star probably lineup: Borjan; Stojković, Savić, Le Tallec, Rodić; Srnić, Jovičić, Krstičić, Ben, Radonjic; Boakye.
- CSKA Moscow drop in from the Champions League and they have to continue the European League road. They also bagged 9 points contributed by 3 wins. They have a better attack than Red Star, scoring at least on goal in five from six matches in Champions League. CSKA will play over the middle and short passes, but i think Red Star defence will keep them away froam goal. On the other side CSKA are coming to Belgrade with just four defenders, and looks like their main objective for this away games trying to score on counter attacks. They will try to don’t lose this one and decide the winner at home.
- CSKA Moscow injury status: “Alexey Berezutskiy is injured and he will not play against Red Star” is the only injury player.
- CSKA Moscow probably lineup: Akinfeev; Ignasevich, Vasin, Vasiliy Berezutskiy; Fernandes, Natkho, Wernbloom, Golovin, Nababkin; Vitinho, Musa.
Red Star Belgrade vs CSKA Moscow will be an tactical game. Both teams have the porpose to keep their goal clean in this first round of Europa League.
Prediction: Under 2.5 goals, 1.55 odds.